Tired of plain sloppy Joes? This simple twist will give you all the flavors of a Philly cheesesteak with the simplicity of a sloppy Joe. Give this one a try!
Need a quick weeknight dinner? This simple sloppy Joe sandwich is easy to throw together and big on flavor! It’s a lot less work than making homemade cheesesteaks but still gives you all the delicious flavors. Don’t worry about what to make for dinner because this recipe is sure to please!
Philly cheesesteak sloppy Joe sandwich recipe
Yields 4-6 sandwiches
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- 4-6 buns
- Add ground beef to a large skillet with green pepper, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook till browned and vegetables are soft. If there is a lot of grease, drain.
- Add in beef stock and simmer till almost cooked down. Add in tomato paste and stir till combined.
- Add a scoop of the meat mixture to a bun and cover with one slice of cheese. The heat from the meat should melt the cheese. You can also broil your sandwiches if you want the cheese to really get browned.