"Fried" pickles with spicy dipping sauce
Don't worry. These pickles are really not fried. They are baked! We are taking out the added fat of frying and giving them a perfect crispy outside by baking. These simple appetizers are tasty and go great with our spicy dipping sauce.
Looking for a new appetizer recipe? Looking for something a little different? These "fried" pickles are actually baked! Of course you can't serve a perfectly crisp baked pickle without a spicy sauce! We made a simple sauce out of ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce. It's the perfect spicy dip for your new favorite appetizer!
"Fried" pickles with spicy dipping sauce recipe
Yields 24 pickle slices
- 24 large dill pickle slices
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Blot the pickle slices and set aside until ready to coat.
- In a shallow bowl or plate add panko breadcrumbs, Italian breadcrumbs, flour, chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and dried parsley. Mix to combine.
- Add the egg to a bowl with the water and whisk till combined.
- Dip pickle slice into egg mixture, coat with breadcrumb mixture and add to a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the pickles and mist the pickle slices with olive oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes till crispy.
- To make the sauce add the ranch and Sriracha together and stir to combine. Serve with pickles.