It’s time to take cake batter to a whole new level. These simple cookies bring cake batter and chocolate chips together. What could be wrong with that?
Looking for a twist on the normal chocolate chip cookie? This simple twist adds tons of flavor and lots of fun sprinkles. Who doesn’t love sprinkles? The cookies are crispy and buttery. To make them a bit healthier, we used a little white whole wheat flour. These are the fun new cookies you have been looking for!
Cake batter chocolate chip cookie recipe
Yields 2 dozen
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white whole wheat flour, yellow cake mix and baking soda. Set aside until ready to use.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Mix until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Blend until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 3 tablespoons), add to a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet — about 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until crispy on the edges.