Potato candy with peanut butter ribbon
Potatoes can be sweet too! This simple candy is sweet, swirled with peanut butter and really made from potatoes! This is the new candy your family will be begging for!
You read the title correctly. Candy that has been made out of potato. It sounds a little strange but don't worry, it's really delicious! We sweetened up the potato with some powdered sugar and then added in a little peanut butter ribbon. It's sweet, delicious and totally unique!
Potato candy with peanut butter ribbon recipe
Yields about 24 pieces
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (plain potatoes, no butter or milk)
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add the mashed potatoes and 2 cups of the powdered sugar.
- Add in 1 to 2 more cups of powdered sugar until the mixture is stiff and dry.
- Sprinkle a counter with powdered sugar and roll out the mixture till it is about 1/2-inch thick.
- Once rolled out, spread with peanut butter and roll up tightly like you would a jelly roll.
- Let the rolled mixture cool for about an hour to stiffen up.
- Once set up, cut off the ends and then slice into 2 to 3-inch pieces. Keep cool when not eating.