Meatloaf doesn’t have to be boring. We are taking a southwest spin by adding lots of chopped peppers and topping it with a chunky and spicy salsa. This is not your mother’s meatloaf!
Meatloaf is a classic American meal. We decided to take this classic and jazz it up a bit! Spicy salsa, fresh chopped vegetables and lots of southwest flavors are mixed in to create the perfect flavor. After all that, we even topped it with a little Mexican blend cheese and some spicy jalapeños. If you want even more flavor you can top it with some salsa. If you’re looking to spice things up, this is the dish for you!
Southwest meatloaf recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup medium spice salsa
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 orange bell pepper, small dice
- 1 small yellow onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2 cup medium spice salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and, using your hands, mix well.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and shape the meat mixture into a loaf and add to the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes until the loaf is firm. Top with cheese and cook for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Optional: Top cooked meatloaf with chopped jalapenos and salsa.
More meatloaf recipes
Bison meatloaf recipe
Pinapple meatloaf recipe
High fiber turkey meatloaf recipe
Leave a Comment