Whether you’re a Republication or a Democrat (or somewhere in between) Inauguration Day is a big deal. You can’t help but feel a strong sense of pride and excitement when the president takes his oath in front of the entire country. Now, as fun as the inauguration is to go to, we much prefer watching it on the TV while sipping this patriotic boozy shake. It’s so good I’m sure the president would approve.
In fact, we’re sure he’d do more than approve, he’d probably drink one too if he could! Could you imagine having to speak in front of all those people? We would need about 10 of these strong boozy red, white and blue milkshakes just to walk up the stairs!
Inaugural boozy milkshake
- 2-1/2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup whipped cream
- Red and blue food dye
- Combine all ingredients (except for the food dyes) in a blender. Pulse on low until mixture is smooth.
- Separate the milkshake into three bowls. Add red food dye to one and blue food dye to the other, while leaving one white. Mix well.
- Fill a glass or Mason jar 1/3 full with red-colored milkshake. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes so it hardens. Top the red with white milkshake and freeze again for another 10 minutes. Finally, top the white with blue milkshake and freeze again for another 10 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a strawberry and enjoy!
More boozy milkshake recipes
3 Boozy milkshake recipes
Boozy pumpkin pie milkshake
Coffee liqueur grown-up milkshake
Leave a Comment