In the morning, many of us are in too much of a rush to eat breakfast. Everything cookies are a great solution for this problem.
Simply grab one on the way out the door and eat it as you drive into work. These cookies are filled with coconut, chocolate chips, molasses, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds and raisins, but you can be creative with the recipe and add your favorite nuts and seeds.
Everything cookie recipe
Recipe adapted from Planet Organic
Yields 2 dozen cookies
- 2-1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking trays with parchment paper or lightly grease. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, everything from oats to raisins. In a separate large bowl, combine wet ingredients, everything from water to almond or cows milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix slow at a low speed (or by hand) until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Portion cookie dough using a 1/3-cup measure and place onto lined baking tray. Gently flatten cookies before baking. Bake for 24 minutes or until lightly browned.