If you’re looking for a side dish on a Meatless Monday, consider serving stir-fried broccoli with cashews. It makes a great accompaniment to rice, tofu or even fish.
Meatless Monday rolls around but once a week, so give meals your all on this day! You don’t have to go all-out to serve up a vibrantly colored and crunchy side dish. Stir-fried broccoli with cashews is delicious and goes well with a variety of main dishes — think tofu, rice or fish. You’ll love the crunch and bright green color of this beautiful dish, not to mention the great flavors!
Stir-fried broccoli with cashews
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the vegetable broth, chili paste, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar. Whisk until well combined. Taste and season with more soy sauce, chili paste or sugar, as needed. Whisk and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the broccoli and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about a minute before adding in the broth mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil, while stirring constantly. Cook until the sauce thickens, or about 4 minutes.
- Toss in the cashews and mix well. Remove from the heat and place in a serving dish. Serve warm.
Enjoy the crunch and color of this Meatless Monday side dish!