Do you have an overload of artichokes? Then this cheesy quiche recipe chock-full of artichokes is for you.
Eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner
This cheesy artichoke quiche can be eaten for just about any meal. It’s so tasty that you might want to eat it for all three meals in one day!
Artichoke quiche recipe
Adapted from Giallo Zafferano
- 8 artichokes, peeled, cleaned and sliced into 8 wedges each
- 4 preserved salted anchovy fillets
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 8 ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 10 ounces milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-1/2 ounces mozzarella or provolone cheese, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute garlic in a large pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the artichokes and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add a ladle of hot water and let it evaporate, cooking until tender.
- In a small saucepan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and anchovies. Let the anchovies melt, then add onions. Let the onions soften over low heat, making sure they don’t brown.
- Transfer onions to the pan with artichokes. Mix together, then add wine, cooking until completely evaporated. Turn off heat. Add parsley and mix well.
- Grease a pie plate with butter. Place the pie crust in the dish, then prick the bottom with the tines of a fork. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough, making them higher than the sides, then add dried beans pie weights.
- Bake pie crust for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the crust from the oven and remove the beans and the parchment paper. Return crust to oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the bottom becomes golden brown.
- Meanwhile whisk the milk, eggs and grated Parmesan cheese together. Season with salt.
- Distribute the diced cheese onto the crust. Add the cooked artichokes mixture, spreading evenly over the crust. Pour the milk and egg mixture on top.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the surface of the quiche turns golden. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.