Sunday Dinner: BELT sandwiches with sun-dried tomato spread
You've heard of a BLT sandwich. What could possibly make one heartier and even more delicious? How about adding an egg and a great-tasting spread? BELT sandwiches with sun-dried tomato spread are perfect for an easy meal!
Some say don't mess with perfection, but once in a while it's fun to try! Make Sunday dinner special with BELT sandwiches with sun-dried tomato spread. These sandwiches are simple to make and really are a treat! This recipe uses uncured Irish bacon, which comes in round slices and is a bit thicker than the standard strips. If you choose to use regular deli-style bacon, you'll still be satisfied (use 3-4 slices per sandwich)! You can whip up the spread quickly, but you'll still have a great-tasting meal if you use plain mayonnaise on your sandwich, instead.
BELT sandwich with sun-dried tomato spread recipe
For the sandwich
- 4 thick slices rustic bread, toasted
- 4 slices uncured Irish bacon, cooked (two for each sandwich. If using regualr deli-style bacon, use 3-4 strips per sandwich)
- 2 fried eggs, cooked to your preference
- 6 ounces lettuce greens, divided
- 4-6 fresh tomato slices, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the spread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise to a small bowl, and mix in the sun-dried tomato mixture. Blend well and set aside.
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium-sized saute pan and when hot, add the eggs and cook to your preference (e.g., over easy, over hard).
- Toast the slices of bread. When toasted, add the spread to one side of each slice of bread.
- Add 2 pieces of Irish bacon to 1 slice of bread, then top with 1 egg, lettuce, and the tomato slices. Top with a second slice of bread and serve.
Your family will love when you BELT out Sunday dinner!