Fresh basil is the star of this Thai chicken dish that comes together in minutes.
Thai food at home
When you don’t feel like leaving the house for take-out, it’s always good to have a few recipes in your arsenal to satisfy that craving. This Thai chicken dish, loaded with fresh flavors, will be your new go-to quick and easy dinner.
Thai chicken with basil recipe
Adapted from Food & Wine
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Olive oil
- Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and water in a bowl. Add chicken.
- In a nonstick pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the garlic, cooking until it starts to brown.
- Add the chicken, leaving the marinade in the bowl. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the marinade to the pan and cook another 1-2 minutes. Season with salt, if needed.
- Remove from heat and stir 1 cup of basil into hot chicken.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of basil just before serving.