Gluten-free Friday: Zucchini and carrot omelet
Whether you're making breakfast, lunch or dinner, a zucchini and carrot omelet makes a great Gluten-free Friday meal!
This is one easy dish to prepare! Not only that, but a zucchini and carrot omelet is full of protein, and it makes a great way to add veggies to a meal. Tucked away inside the omelet, zucchini and carrots add great taste, texture and flavor.
Zucchini and carrot omelet recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded green zucchini
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Add the eggs to a medium-sized bowl and beat well. Add in the salt, pepper and thyme and mix again.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, garlic and Parmesan cheese to the eggs and mix to incorporate.
- Add the olive oil to an 8-inch saute pan (nonstick pans work well) over medium-high heat.
- When the olive oil is hot, add the egg mixture to the pan so it spreads out evenly. Don't stir the mixture. Instead, let it stand for a minute so the bottom of the eggs begins to set.
- Use a rubber spatula to push the mixture around a bit, so all the liquid spreads out to the hot surface of the pan. Use the spatula to gently loosen the edges of the omelet so it doesn't stick.
- Allow the eggs to cook for 2-3 minutes, then use the spatula to carefully fold half the omelet over, onto itself. Wait a minute or so, then carefully slide the omelet onto a serving dish.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and more salt and pepper if you'd like. Serve warm.
Eggs are an exceptional addition to a Gluten-free Friday meal!