The combination of garlic, olive oil, chili oil and thyme makes an amazing broth for baked shrimp and crusty bread! It’s a quick, fun, addicting dish perfect for a party or any night of the week!
Tapas served family style is the best way to describe this shrimp dish perfect for entertaining! Serve it in its casserole dish with a large spoon for scooping and be sure to have plenty of crusty bread on the side! Watch it disappear!
Baked shrimp with garlic and chili oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 crushed, 2 very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red chili oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (plus a few sprigs for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place a 1/4 cup olive oil in a small pan. Add the very thinly sliced garlic. Turn on your heat to medium and cook garlic slices until beginning to sizzle and lightly brown, about 3-4 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook.) Using a slotted spoon, quickly remove garlic chips from the oil and place them on a paper towel to dry. Set aside.
- Place shrimp in an ovenproof casserole dish with low edges. Sprinkle with just a bit of salt, pepper and the crushed raw garlic. Stir around.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil and fresh thyme, stir around again.
- Bake in the oven until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with red chili oil (more or less depending on how spicy you like it). Garnish with fresh thyme springs and your toasted garlic chips.
- Serve with a crusty bread and add more olive oil if desired.