Slow-cooker turkey mole
'Tis the season for turkey and delicious set-it-and-forget-it dinners!
You'll love this simple mole recipe!
Slow cooker turkey mole recipe
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breasts
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 dried ancho chilies, stemmed
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Season turkey with salt and place in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a blender, puree the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until the meat is tender. Shred turkey with two forks before serving.