Overnight oats recipe
A breakfast that literally makes itself? You bet! Overnight oats are all the rage on food blogs across the internet right now. Here we share how simple this breakfast idea is along with a recipe for apple cranberry overnight oats.
What's better than waking up and having your breakfast ready and waiting for you hassle free? If you love oatmeal then you will love this simple no-cook recipe for these apple cranberry overnight oats. Placing the ingredients into a jar and allowing them to sit overnight creates the easiest grab-and-go breakfast ever. These oats can be eaten cold straight from the jar but if you're like me heat them up for a warm healthy breakfast. This recipe makes one jar of oats, but you can make up to a week's worth at once. Just follow the recipe below for each jar you intended to make.
Homemade overnight oats recipe
- 1 Mason jar with a lid
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (skim, rice, or soy may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened apple sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup, stevia, organic brown sugar, agave or honey)
- Orange zest (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the Mason jar. Mix all the ingredients well with a spoon.
- Place the lid on the jar and place it in the refrigerator overnight. To serve, eat cold straight from the jar or heat for a hearty warm breakfast.