Ham, egg & cheese breakfast bread pudding recipe
Use up some of those holiday leftovers with a ham, egg and cheese breakfast bread pudding. It's quick, easy and feeds a crowd — perfect for Christmas morning, family brunches or just a lazy Sunday!
We all need easy, make-ahead recipes for those days when we don't want to be stuck in the kitchen, especially Christmas morning! You won't miss a single gift being opened with this breakfast bread pudding recipe that can be whipped up quickly the night before. All you need to do is pop it in the oven!
Ham, egg and cheese breakfast bread pudding recipe
- 3 cups small cubes French bread (preferably day-old)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated cheese, divided use (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Butter a 10-inch deep dish pie plate (or other ovenproof dish of similar size).
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in ham, 1/2 cup cheese, green onion, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Add bread cubes to egg mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into buttered pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 7 hours, or overnight.
- Remove bread pudding from refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons cheese on top. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the middle is set and the top is golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.