Nutella rolls recipe
We all love hot, gooey cinnamon rolls, but here they get a modernized makeover. Nutella is stuffed into premade biscuit dough and baked, creating a super-easy new twist on those traditional rolls we adore.
These Nutella rolls are addicting. Even though we love cinnamon rolls, we still like to bump things up a notch and try new ideas. This is one. Best served warm, the chocolaty Nutella gives these treats a fantastic flavor, and the cream cheese frosting is perfect. We love to enjoy these on Sunday mornings with a hot cup of coffee.
Nutella rolls with cream cheese frosting recipe
Inspired by chef in training
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 small jar Nutella
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 muffin tin, greased
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each of the 8 biscuits into a flat circle and sprinkle each side of the dough circles with sugar. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the Nutella onto each sugared dough circle and then gently roll up. Cut the dough into 3 pieces of equal size.
- Place the 3 dough pieces cut side up into the muffin tin and repeat with remaining rolls. Bake for approximately 15 minutes an allow the rolls to cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Drizzle the frosting over each roll and serve.