Jan. 4 is National Spaghetti Day, and we are going crazy! That's right. Spaghetti and a hamburger have collided! This is the dish your kids will love and beg you to make again!
Happy National Spaghetti Day! Today we are taking things to the extreme. Two classic dishes have combined to create a fun meal your family will love! Plus, it's a lot of fun to eat spaghetti on your hamburger! Don't worry. It's delicious! Plus we toasted the bun with garlic and butter to create a perfect combination of flavors.
Spaghetti hamburger recipe
- 6 buns
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Garlic powder
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 1/2 pound spaghetti noodles
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- Lettuce or arugula (for topping)
- Using 1/2 tablespoon butter per bun, spread over the top and bottom inside of the bun. Sprinkle with a little garlic powder and set aside until ready to toast.
- Add water to a pot, break spaghetti in half and add to the pot once the water starts boiling. Cook for about 8 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside until sauce is ready.
- In a small sauce pan add 1/2 pound hamburger and season with salt and pepper. Brown, add in spaghetti sauce and let simmer while your prepare your hamburgers.
- Using 1-1/2 pounds of the hamburger add to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Make six little hamburgers. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook hamburgers until desired doneness. Take burgers out of the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and add the buns to toast. You will have to do this twice since there is not enough room in the pan to toast them all at once. Add burgers to the buns once they have been toasted.
- Run some hot water over the spaghetti noodles if they have started to stick together. Add to the pan of sauce and toss to combine.
- Add about 1/4 cup spaghetti onto of each burger and top with a little arugula. Serve immediately.