Baked black bean taquitos with avocado dipping sauce
Looking for a perfect meatless lunch? These simple baked taquitos can be made ahead of time and easily heated up at work. Don't worry about eating out ever again!
Looking for a quick lunchtime treat? These simple, flavorful taquitos will totally hit the spot! They are stuffed with black beans, corn, red bell pepper, garlic and pepper jack cheese. It's a little spicy but big on flavor. To keep things cool, we made a simple avocado dipping sauce. This is the lunchtime treat your co-workers will want to steal!
Baked black bean taquito recipe
Yields 6 taquitos
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (you could also use olive oil)
- 1/2 cup rinsed black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet add avocado oil. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes until vegetables are starting to soften but do not let them brown.
- Add in garlic and let cook for a few more moments until fragrant.
- Take pan off the heat and get ready to fill flour tortillas.
- Lay out tortillas, divide filling equally between the tortillas, top with equal amount of cheese and roll tightly. Lay the taquitos, seam side up, onto a parchment lined baking sheet and stick a toothpick into the taquito so it will stay closed.
- Lightly brush a little oil onto the tortilla so it will crisp.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes until crispy on the outside and cheese is melted on the inside.
- Serve warm and dip into avocado sour cream dip.
Avocado dipping sauce recipe
Yields a little more than 1/2 cup
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In the bowl of a food processor add ripe avocado, sour cream, cilantro and salt. Puree till smooth and creamy. Keep cold till ready to use.