Healthy baked crab rangoon
Who doesn't love Chinese food? Sadly it can be laced with excess sodium, fat and MSG. These simple baked crab rangoons will taste just the same without all the fat and questionable processed ingredients.
Not in the mood for Chinese take-out? Don't worry, we have you covered! These delicious little baked treats will give you all the flavor of fried but with less calories. Who doesn't love less calories? The filling is super simple to throw together, and they are perfect for lunch or even a light dinner. Don't fall into the trap of buying cheap Chinese when you can have these beauties in under 30 minutes!
Baked crab rangoon recipe
Yields 24 rangoons
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 ounces room temperature low-fat cream cheese (sometimes called Neufchatel Cheese)
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Pinch of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Gently press the wonton wrappers into the cups of a miniature cupcake pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and set aside until ready to bake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add in crabmeat, green onions, cream cheese, sour cream, Sriracha, salt and pepper. Mix together on low until everything is combined.
- Add about 2 teaspoons filling per wonton cup and bake for 15-18 minutes until the filling is warmed through and the wontons are crispy and brown.
- Sprinkle rangoons with green onions and serve warm.