Don’t settle for fast food. This simple taco bake cassrole will have you never wanting Taco Bell again. Layer after layer of tortilla, cheese and perfectly spiced ground beef. You will love this one!
Not sure what to make for dinner? Short on time? Don’t feel like spending all night in the kitchen? This simple layered taco bake will have your whole family fed and happy in under 45 minutes! Spicy ground beef, black beans, salsa and sour cream are all nestled together between soft flour tortillas. Make sure to give this one a try!
Layered taco bake recipe
Yields two 9 x 9-inch casseroles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15 ounce) jar medium heat salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 6 medium-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 of an avocado, cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet add ground beef and spices. Once browned, drain beef (if necessary) and add in salsa, black beans, sour cream and green chilies. Cook on medium heat until warmed. Take off heat and start to assemble the casseroles.
- Spray nonstick spray into two 9 x 9-inch square glass dishes. Add one flour tortilla at the bottom of each pan.
- Split meat mixture in half and then into thirds. Add 1/3 meat mixture on top of each tortilla. Top meat mixture with a handful of shredded cheese. Repeat layers two more times in each glass dish.
- Bake both casseroles for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is warmed. Divide toppings in half and top each casserole with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onions and queso fresco.