Cranberry walnut tart
Seasonal cranberries and toasted walnuts make this tart an instant classic!
You make make this recipe with either a standard 9-inch pie dish or fluted tart pan. Any store-bought crust will work fine but feel free to use your favorite pie or tart dough recipe!
Cranberry walnut tart recipe
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light agave nectar or honey
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and place it in a 9-inch pie dish or tart pan. Flute the edges and use a fork to prick numerous holes in the bottom. Line the pan will aluminum foil and fill with dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until the dough is baked through. Set aside and lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs until then thicken up a bit and whisk in the agave, butter, salt and vanilla. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Let the pie set for an hour before serving.