Ice made from water is so 2011! Sweeten up your ice cubes with this recipe for frozen “hot” chocolate ice cubes to put in milk, iced coffee and more.
Who doesn’t love a warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter day? It’s easy to go with the powdered stuff, but in under 15 minutes, you can whip up a batch of chocolate ice cubes that will make hot cocoa, chocolate milk and more quick and easy.
Frozen “hot” chocolate ice cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a cold saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
How to use the cubes
- You can use the frozen cubes for a variety of hot and cold drinks. Try these tips or come up with your own unique uses.
- Put one or two cubes in a mug with some milk and microwave until it’s hot, and then stir to combine.
- Put three or four cubes in a tall glass of milk before you start cooking breakfast. As the cubes start to melt, they’ll flavor the milk.
- Put four cubes into the blender with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and a few splashes of milk or leftover coffee. Blend it up to create a chocolaty java milkshake. Top with whipped cream and serve.
- To create a cold coffee beverage in the morning, pour hot coffee over two or three cubes, and add regular ice and a bit of heavy cream to taste.
More chocolaty drink recipes
5 Dark chocolate after-dinner drinks
Non-alcoholic drinks and chocolate pairings
5 Easy Baileys drink recipes
Leave a Comment