Want an easy yet beautiful and elegant appetizer to start off your holiday meal? Fresh Brie is baked topped with ruby red cranberries and fresh basil. Best served warm with a fresh baguette or crackers, this dish is almost too beautiful to eat.
This is a super easy crowd-pleasing appetizer we make during the holidays. The red cranberries and the green from the basil give this dish a true holiday feel. This creamy cheese tastes wonderful when warmed. Serve with fresh breads, crackers or even sliced apples. It’s delicious.
Rustic holiday baked Brie recipe
Inspired from Real Simple
- 8 ounce round of Brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (you can also substitute honey)
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries (you can also chop them if you wish)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Fresh basil or rosemary to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a small cookie sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the Brie cheese and drizzle the maple syrup over top. Add the orange zest and the fresh cranberries. Bake 25 minutes or until the brie is very soft when sliced open.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Top with fresh basil or rosemary and serve warm with crackers.