This grilled cheese is full of flavor and the perfect winter fuel! Barbecued pulled pork and sweet caramelized onions are paired with sharp cheddar cheese to create the greatest sandwich known to man!
Grilled cheese is a classic lunchtime staple. However, we are taking that basic sandwich and turning it up a couple notches! This sandwich is packed full of gooey cheese, caramelized onions and barbecue slathered pulled pork. It’s going to take your basic lunchtime sandwich and turn it into your new favorite lunchtime sandwich!
Caramelized onion and barbecued pulled pork grilled cheese recipe
Yields 1 sandwich
- 2 slices thick sliced bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup warm barbecued pulled pork (find recipe here)
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions
- 2 slices white sharp cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet add 1 tablespoon butter. Heat over medium-low heat until melted.
- While butter is melting add one slice cheese onto one piece of bread. Top with pulled pork, onions and other slice of cheese.
- Add to pan of melted butter and cover the pan for 5 minutes to help melt the top layer of cheese. Take off the lid, top with other slice of bread and let cook until the bottom slice of bread is toasty and brown.
- Before flipping add in another tablespoon of butter (if needed) and let it melt. Once melted gently flip the sandwich and cook until brown on the other side.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Don’t know how to make caramelized onions? Peel and cut two large onions in half. Thinly slice and cook in 2-3 tablespoons butter (about 40 minutes) on low until soft and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. They will be sweet, soft and go wonderfully with this sandwich!
More grilled cheese recipes
Pizza grilled cheese recipe
Sloppy Joe grilled cheese recipe
Fromage blanc and raspberry preserves grilled cheese recipe
Leave a Comment