Mini makes everything better! Plus, the very traditional apple pie meets up with cranberries to make the perfect combination!
There is nothing more classic than apple pie. That is why we decided to take that classic and step it up a notch. We added fresh cranberries and then topped it with an oatmeal topping. It’s a perfect bite of sweet and tart! Plus, it’s cute and minature. Who doesn’t love everything in miniature form? If you want to make these little pies for the masses just double the recipe, and it can be made in a traditional 9-inch pie plate.
Mini cranberry apple pie recipe
Yields 4 mini pies
- 1 (9 inch) store-bought unbaked pie crust
- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and toss to combine. Set aside until ready to fill pie shells.
- Divide the pie shell into four pieces and press into 4 miniature pie plates or tart pans. We used 4-3/4 inch minature tart pans.
- Equally fill pie shells with filling. Sprinkle with topping and bake for about 35 minutes until topping is browned and crispy.
Crumble topping for pie recipe
Yields 1 cup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a medium bowl whisk together brown sugar, flour and oats.
- Chop butter into small pieces and add to mixture. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two forks. Work the butter into the mixture until you get pea-size crumbs.
- Keep cold until ready to top pie.