This simple but flavorful white bean and corn chili is easy to make, perfect for a Meatless Monday, and you won’t have to look much farther than your pantry for the ingredients.
Once it’s time for dinner on a Monday, you might not feel like standing over the stove for long. But what if you still want a delicious, hot and hearty meal? This recipe for a Meatless Monday white bean and corn chili is the perfect solution. With just a handful of ingredients, most of which you might have in your pantry, you can serve up this hearty chili. Serve with a fresh green salad, a handful of tortilla chips on the side and a dollop of sour cream on top, and your Monday dinner turns out terrific!
White bean and corn chili
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn kernels (or use canned, drained first)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Optional: Sour cream to dollop on individual servings
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, add two tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook for about four minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Add the beans, tomato, corn and green chilies, and mix well.
- Add in the vegetable broth along with the salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Mix all the ingredients, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls with a dollop of sour cream on top.
You’ll really warm up to this hearty, meatless chili!