Yes we did! Crisp, salty bacon has been transformed into a sweet and delicious crunchy brittle. This is the stuff that will make you famous!
Brittle is one of the easiest candy treats you can make around the holidays. It contains just a few standard pantry items and can be customized to use almost anything you have on hand. Luckily this recipe contains not only crunchy almonds but also crispy bacon! That’s right. Bacon. Now, don’t go judging just yet. This candy is the perfect combination of salty, sweet and crunchy! Give it a try — you’ll be in hog heaven!
Bacon and almond nut brittle recipe
Yield about 1 cup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crispy chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (or any favorite nut)
- In a large skillet, add white sugar, light corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and it starts to boil.
- Turn heat to high, don’t stir, and cook until mixture reaches 295 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately take off heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract and baking soda. Careful, it will foam up a bit. After foam dies down, add in bacon and nuts.
- Pour onto Silpat lined baking sheet and try to spread out to an even thickness. If you give the brittle just a few moments to cool, it will still be soft enough to press out with your hands.
- Break into bite size pieces once it has completely hardened.
More brittle recipes
Quick peanut brittle recipe
Sugar free pecan brittle recipe
Spicy nut brittle recipe
Leave a Comment