Want to add some variety to your Thanksgiving menu this year? Sub out that regular herb stuffing with this cheesy, spinach stuffing instead! Made with just 10 simple ingredients, this recipe is as easy and cheap as it is delicious!
Leave the boring stuffing for the turkey and serve this decadent side dish alongside your Thanksgiving favorites. Each bite is creamy, cheesy and full of flavor. And it’s loaded with tons of healthy cold-fighting antioxidants. This stuffing is the definition of feel good comfort food!
Cheesy spinach stuffing recipe
Serves about 6
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 4 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Liberal dashes salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 -3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Defrost spinach according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until starting to soften, about two minutes. Add in garlic and celery and cook until fragrant, about three more minutes.
- Add in broth and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in stuffing mix. Cook until stuffing mix is softened and the broth has been absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in spinach and mozzarella until mixture is fully combined. Garnish with shredded Parmesan and enjoy!