You’ll love this easy quiche recipe for a Meatless Monday. To make things easier, but no less tasty, this quiche is crustless.
A great way to get in a few servings of vegetables, quiche is a filling dish that takes well to your favorite veggies. This recipe for crustless broccoli and cheese quiche is easy to make, and it tastes great! Anytime is a good time to serve quiche. Enjoy it for breakfast with a side of toast and fruit, or for dinner with a salad or soup.
Try this Meatless Monday sandwich: Fried egg and grilled asparagus >>
Meatless Monday means cutting back on your servings of meat, just once a week. This is good for your health and good for the environment. Check out what the folks at Meatless Monday have to say.
Crustless broccoli and cheese quiche
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your ovento 350 degrees F., and spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. When hot, add the broccoli and shallot and cook for several minutes, or until the broccoli begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for about another minute, stirring. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add the milk, melted butter, and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture into the pie plate. Pour the egg mixture over the top and cook for about 35 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
You’ll want to “quiche” the cook of this great dish!