Super stuffed baked potatoes
Giant potatoes are stuffed full of delicious toppings. Perfect for lunch and even a light supper.
There are times in your life when it's necessary to eat insanely stuffed potatoes. This recipe is perfect for those times. Stuffed with creamy mashed potatoes, broccoli, crispy bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. You will not feel deprived after devouring one of these spuds. Perfect for a dinner side dish or even a light lunch. Dig in!
Super stuffed baked potato recipe
Yield 2 potatoes
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup crispy bacon
- 2/3 cup frozen broccoli (smaller pieces)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese + 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- Prick potatoes with fork and add to preheated 400 degree F oven. Cook on rack for about 45 minutes until soft in the inside. The outside of the skin will be a crispy but very soft and fluffy in the inside.
- Let potato rest on the counter for about 15 minutes then slice down the middle, scoop out the middle and add to large bowl.
- Take potato shell and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes. This will help create a shell to hold all of the filling.
- Add butter, sour cream and 1/4 cup half and half. Mix on low until combined. Add in crispy bacon (save a little for the top), frozen broccoli and 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Mix on medium, adding a little more half and half if needed to make creamy.
- Split filling in half and stuff each potato shell and top with a few extra pieces of frozen broccoli and 1 tablespoon of cheese on each potato.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and filling is warm. Sprinkle with crispy bacon when pulled out of the oven.