This is one grilled cheese that will knock your socks off! It’s perfect for lunch and perfect when dipped in marinara.
Oh yes! You have just met your new favorite sandwich! Delicious crispy grilled cheese filled with your favorite classic pizza toppings. We left it simple this time around by doing just classic sliced mozzerella cheese and thinly sliced pepperoni. However, it would be totally amazing with anything you call your favorite — sausage, green peppers, onions and even pesto! Add a side of marinara for dipping and turn this sandwich into a delicious pizza sandwich treat!
Pizza grilled cheese recipe
Yields 1 sandwich
- 2 slices fresh sliced bread
- Unsalted butter
- 2-4 slices mozzerella cheese (amount depending on size of bread)
- 8-10 pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- Optional fillings: sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms (any favorite pizza topping)
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Flip over butter side and cover each nonbuttered side with one or two slices of cheese. Add sliced pepperoni over the cheese and put the sandwich together. If adding any other fillings make sure to add them now. Note, all meat products should be cooked fully and vegetables should be lightly sauteed. The sandwich will only warm the fillings, not cook them fully.
- Add to hot pan and cook on medium heat until bread is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Slice in half and serve with warmed marinara sauce.