Italian lasagna soup
We all love lasagna, but sometimes it can just take too much time to prepare. Now its flavors are in an easy to throw together soup.
Lasagna is a classic Italian meal. Sadly, it can take a lot of time to prepare and is generally not thought of as a quick weeknight supper. Well, we have changed that! This soup has all the flavors of lasagna but it's cooked in a slow cooker and can cook all day while you are at work! It's a fabulous mixture of spicy sausage, ground veal, ground pork and ground beef. In the last half hour just throw in some pasta and some fresh baby spinach. Delicious!
Italian lasagna soup recipe
- 1 pound spicy ground Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 pounds ground meatloaf mix (ground veal, ground pork and ground beef)
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried organo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 1 pound pasta
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) container fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large frying pan brown spicy Italian sausage and ground meatloaf mix. Drain fat and add to six-quart slow cooker.
- Into the slow cooker, add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and chicken stock.
- Cook on high for five hours or low for seven hours. In the last half hour of cooking add uncooked pasta. In the last 10 minutes add the baby spinach.
- Serve in a big bowl and top with fresh ricotta cheese and a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese.