Gluten-free Friday: Crunchy "anytime" cereal bars
Mornings aren't the only time for cereal. These gluten-free crunchy "anytime" cereal bars are great morning, noon and night!
It's a snap to make these great-tasting cereal bars! For a Gluten-free Friday, these are the perfect solution for when you're running out the door or need a pick-me-up snack.
Made of crunchy, gluten-free Chex cereal, toasted pumpkin seeds, dried Sun-Maid Cape Cod cranberries and apples, these bars make a great treat for the fall season. Switch up the ingredients and create new favorites!
Crunchy "anytime" cereal bars
Yields 16 (3 inch) bars
- 3 cups gluten-free Chex cereal of your choice
- 1/3 cup toasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Cape Cod dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried apples, diced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lightly spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the cereal, pumpkin seeds, cranberries and apples in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Use a small saucepan and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup and flour and mix well.
- Cook until the mixture boils. Once it boils, stir it constantly, and cook for about another minute.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and pour it over the cereal mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Add the cereal mixture to the baking dish, and press it down firmly to fit evenly in the dish.
- Cool the mixture completely, then cut into four by four rows.
These bars make the perfect snack!