Sloppy Joes are the perfect weeknight treat. Here, they have been topped with cheese and grilled to crispy perfection!
Not sure what to make for a quick weeknight dinner? Don’t worry. We have that covered. This simple and easy sandwich is a great use for leftover sloppy Joes and is perfect for your growing family. Crispy and buttery Italian bread holds stringy provolone cheese and perfectly flavored sloppy Joes. This sandwich is easy and quick and will make a perfect addition to your family menu!
Sloppy Joe grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Yields 1 sandwich
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup prepared sloppy Joe mixture (like Manwich), or your favorite sloppy Joe recipe
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of bread using one tablespoon for each side.
- Add a slice of cheese to each unbuttered side and add sloppy Joe mixture. Put slices together.
- Cook sandwich in a pan over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy and brown.