This fun dip is perfect for your next fall party. Fluffy dip is actually served inside a hollowed-out pumpkin. It’s cute and festive!
Pumpkin fluff dip… in a pumpkin!
Adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 small to medium-size sugar pumpkin (these are small pumpkins found in the fresh vegetable section)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla pudding (cheesecake or butterscotch flavor would work, too)
- 1 (8 ounce) thawed container of whipped topping
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Dippers (gingersnap cookies or graham crackers)
Step 1: Scoop out insides
Cut the top of your pumpkin and scoop out the insides. Don’t throw away those seeds! Save them and make delicious roasted pumpkin seeds! Set aside the pumpkin until ready to fill.
Step 2: Make dip
In a large bowl, add dry pudding mix and pumpkin puree. Mix together until well blended. Gently fold in whipped topping and mix until completely combined. Optional: Mix in a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. We find that if you serve the dip with gingersnap cookies you get a great deal of spice flavor from the cookie and do not need the extra spice in the dip. You really want the pumpkin flavor to shine.
Step 3: Fill pumpkin
Fill your pumpkin until completely full. If all the dip does not fit, simply save it and refill the pumpkin throughout the party. Put your dip-filled pumpkin (and any remaining dip) into the refrigerator and let chill for at least two hours before serving.
Step 4: Serve
Serve your pumpkin fluff dip with crunchy gingersnap cookies or graham crackers. Remember to refill your pumpkin if you have any leftover dip!