Slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipe
Adapted from Taste of Home
Serves about 8
- 16 ounces macaroni, ziti or penne pasta
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook pasta until al dente (soft but still a bit firm), or about six minutes. Rinse and place into a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, milk, cream and salt and pepper with a whisk. Pour mixture over the noodles. Set the slow cooker to low and cook for about 3-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle mixture with additional one cup of white cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. Cook another 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are golden brown.