Thanksigiving is all about eating and giving thanks for all of the blessings in your life. Sadly for most of us, the day is spent in the kitchen trying to make the perfect meal for our families. This year, we say take your Thanksgiving back and let the slow cooker make all your side dishes with these decadent recipes.
These recipes for to-die-for macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole and gingered carrot soup are all made in the slow cooker but taste like you spent hours preparing them. This year, let the appliance do all the work and go have some wine. You deserve it.
Slow cooker green bean casserole recipe
Adapted from Oxmoor
Serves about 4
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup stuffing mix, divided
- Lightly grease the canister of a slow cooker. Add green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, milk, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, one-half cup stuffing mix and salt and pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Set the heat to low and cook for about two hours, or until mixture is slightly thickened. Add additional one-half cup stuffing mix and cook an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!