This slow cooker pumpkin pie recipe is the easiest you'll ever make
Slow cookers — they're pretty much God's gift to the kitchen. Why spend precious time smashing pumpkin pie ingredients into a tin and hovering over the oven when they're is fun to be had and wine to be drunk?
Instead of baking your holiday pumpkin pie the old-fashioned way, toss the fixings into a slow cooker and get on with your day. The resulting dessert is a cross between a traditional pie and a creamy pumpkin custard with a crust-like topping. Delish.
Slow cooker pumpkin pie
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 9 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 ounces spiced rum (we used Captain Morgan)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Bisquick, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin, milk, rum, brown sugar, one-third of the Bisquick, the eggs and the pumpkin pie spice. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Place pats of butter over the mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining Bisquick.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until the mixture is thick and the crust is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream, and enjoy.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.
Originally published November 2015. Updated November 2016.