No-bake vegan Meyer lemon mini tarts recipe
This vegan, no-bake dessert is full of healthy, natural ingredients, such as real lemon juice, coconut oil and nuts, for an amazing citrus treat.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
For the crust
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 6 large, pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zested
- Stevia, to taste (optional; I used 5 drops)
- 6 mini tart pans with removable bottoms
For the filling
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- To a food processor, add all the ingredients for the crust.
- Blend on high about 2 to 3 minutes or until the ingredients are very fine and resemble a sticky dough.
- Divide the dough among 6 mini tart pans, and press the dough down so it molds into the shape of the pans.
- Wipe the food processor clean, and add the ingredients for the filling.
- Blend on high 2 minutes or until the filling is very smooth and creamy. Scrape down the bowl halfway through processing.
- Divide the filling among the tart pans, and place the tarts in the refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up.
- Remove from the refrigerator when ready to enjoy.
Easy vegan pumpkin pie recipe
Yields 8-10 servings
- 1 pound silken tofu
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 premade vegan pie crust (you can find these at most health food stores)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients, except for pie crust, into a food processor and process until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the premade pie crust and bake for one hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and then chill for several hours. Top with nondairy whipped cream and serve immediately.
More: Clean eating 101: What it is, what it’s not and 3 recipes to get started
Mini vegan chocolate cream pie bites recipe
Inspired by Amanda Nicole Smith
Decadent, creamy and plant-based, these bite-size chocolate pie treats are perfect for anyone looking for a delicious dessert while avoiding dairy.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
For the pastry shells
- 1 sheet puff pasty dough, thawed
- 1 small biscuit cutter
For the chocolate filling
- 1-1/4 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 2 large, ripe avocados, halved, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (can substitute with dark chocolate powder)
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cocoa powder, for garnish (optional)
- Coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry dough.
- Using the biscuit cutter, cut 12 circles out of the dough, and place them on the parchment paper. Poke each piece of dough with a fork several times, and then bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chocolate filling.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the filling until it is very thick and creamy and there are no lumps. Cover, and chill the chocolate filling for 30 minutes.
- When ready to assemble, place the puff pastry shells on a serving platter.
- Spoon the chocolate filling into the center of each pastry shell, and garnish with coconut whipped cream and cocoa powder.
- Best served immediately.
- Tip: When soaking the cashews, place the nuts in a large bowl, and cover them with warm water. Allow to sit on the counter and soak for 4 hours or overnight.
Originally published Nov. 2012. Updated Sept. 2016.