Meatless Monday: Easy miso soup with tofu
Sometimes a bowl of hot soup can be very satisfying. Try this recipe for easy miso soup with tofu for a warming addition to your Meatless Monday meals.
A steaming bowl of soup can be a welcome dish. Whether you're looking for a light lunch or a starter to serve before your main dish (or even something to help soothe a cold), easy miso soup with tofu is a great addition to a Meatless Monday meal.
It can be made in just minutes, which makes it even better!
Try this recipe for minty pea soup >>
Just like many internationally-inspired dishes, there are many different ways and ingredients to use to make miso soup. This version is just about the easiest you can get! To find the miso and the dried seaweed, check the international aisle of your local grocery store.
Easy miso soup with tofu
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup yellow miso
- 8 ounces firm silken tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nori seaweed, ripped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Bring the water to just below a boil. Do not allow it to boil, and add the miso and tofu, allowing the miso to dissolve.
- After about a minute, toss in the green onions, seaweed and sesame oil and stir.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Steamy, easy miso soup with tofu does the trick for Meatless Monday mealtime!