Frozen desserts aren’t just for summer! These frozen pumpkin cheesecake bites are perfect for fall.
At this time of year, pumpkin is making its way into the kitchen and into all types of dishes, both sweet and savory. If you’re tired of plain ole pumpkin pie, try this frozen pumpkin cream cheese dessert instead. Cheesecake lovers will go crazy for the creamy texture (but they’ll never know how easy they are to make!). Serve these for a sweet end to any fall meal.
Frozen chocolate-covered pumpkin cheesecake bites
Makes about 2 cups of mixture; yield varies depending on size of scoop
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts
- Decorative sprinkles, optional
- Place cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin puree in the bowl of an electric mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix thoroughly until smooth and completely combined, then mix in pumpkin pie spice, sugar and milk.
- Pour mixture into a container and freeze for several hours, until firm enough to scoop. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out balls of pumpkin mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and return to the freezer to set up completely. (Place lollipop sticks into the center of each ball at this point, if desired.)
- When pumpkin cheesecake bites are frozen, melt enough chocolate chips or candy melts in a small bowl to cover about halfway up the side of the balls. Quickly dip frozen cheesecake bites into melted chocolate, then sprinkles if using, and return to freezer to harden.
- Let sit out for about 10 minutes to soften prior to serving.