It’s the time of year that calls for apples and incorporating them into dessert is always a tasty option. This recipe for gluten-free apple-pecan cobbler will add something special to your fall.
You might remember cobblers from when grandma used to make them — a warm and delightful fruit-filled base with batter or biscuits on top, baked until hot and bubbly.
This season, bring back a traditional dish with this recipe for gluten-free apple-pecan cobbler. Your kitchen will smell delightful, and you’ll definitely enjoy this sweet treat. Serve it topped with your favorite vanilla ice cream for added goodness!
Try this recipe for spiced apple squares >>
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (or make your own gluten-free baking flour mix)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a large bowl to combine the apples, one cup of orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, cornstarch and pecans, and mix well.
- Add the apple mixture to an 11 x 7-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, blend together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Make a well in the center and add the remaining orange juice, egg, butter and milk. Mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Use a spoon to dollop the batter over the apple mixture. Use a spatula to smooth out the batter and spread it evenly over the apples.
- Sprinkle the top with the three tablespoons of brown sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
- Allow the cobbler to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Top individual servings with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt if you’d like.
This cobbler made with seasonal apples is sure to become a favorite!