You can’t have Halloween without chocolate right? Satisfy your craving for the rich, dark stuff while still creating a creepy Halloween-themed dessert by whipping up these dark witches’ hats! Made easily with store-bought ice cream cones and cookies, these taste incredible and are a cinch to make!
From start to finish, these take less than 30 minutes. Plus, they are made with just a few ingredients and are foolproof, so anyone can whip them up. These witches’ hats make the perfect addition to your spooky Halloween dessert bar or as a great after-dinner treat for your favorite little goblins.
Chocolate witches’ hats
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Yields about 6 hats
- 6 waffle cones
- 6 chocolate cookies
- 6 ounces milk chocolate
- Orange icing gel
- Orange sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon shortening or butter
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add milk chocolate and heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Working quickly while the chocolate is melted, brush the cones with the melted chocolate until they are completely covered. Add a dab of the melted chocolate to the opening of the cone and carefully secure it onto the cookie.
- Using your icing gel, pipe color around the base of the cone. Add sprinkles.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes or until cones have set. Use as party decor or enjoy!