Want to scare the pants off your kids, husband or friends? Stick a few of these bloody toothed grins in their lunchbox or on their dinner plate and watch them scream! These creepy treats are made with 100 percent edible materials, like apples, marshmallows and peanut butter, so after you’re done spooking you can eat!
What makes these normally cute Halloween treats extra ghoulish is the addition of the “blood” to the teeth! If you’re really grossed out, omit the blood for a regular smiling mouth. We think these would be fun to sneak into lunchboxes or Halloween party dessert platters!
Bloody teeth treats
Recipe adapted from Family Fun
Serves about 4
- 1 medium red apple
- About 30 mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons cherry pie filling
- Quarter the apple. Then, carefully cut into eight slices.
- Smear a dab of peanut butter onto one side of each apple. Then, add a heaping dab of cherry pie filling onto one of the slices. Carefully position about five mini marshmallows onto the peanut butter and place the other slice with the cherry pie filling on top. (The cherry pie filling will slowly ooze over the marshmallows.)
- Repeat until all of the “smiles” have been made and enjoy!