Be sure to slice your skirt steak against the grain in this deliciously rich and spicy dish!
Kick it up a notch!
Skirt steak’s tender, juicy, marbled texture is perfect for soaking up marinades and best cooked on a screaming hot grill. Complemented by a spicy Asian sauce, it’s not for the faint of heart.
Grilled skirt steak with Thai red chili sauce and Thai basil
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Fresh Thai basil
- 24 Thai red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper the skirt steak on both sides. Then, grill it quickly over a super hot charcoal grill for about three or four minutes per side.
- Whip up the homemade Thai chili sauce by pureeing the peppers, garlic, fish sauce and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Lightly drizzle the sauce over the top of the meat and finish it off with fragrant, fresh Thai basil.