You may never buy a store-made rotisserie chicken again. Control your ingredients, and an hour later you’ll have a perfectly-cooked bird you’ll be proud to serve your family or guests.
No more store-bought rotisserie
The easiest roast chicken you’ll ever make… it’s unbelievably moist and delicious!
Recipe adapted from Thomas Keller’s, Bouchon.
- 3 pound chicken
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Roasting pan
- Kitchen twine (optional)
- Take your chicken, rinse it, pat it dry with paper towels, place in a roasting pan and truss if you have kitchen twine.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If you have a convection oven, set it to pure convection.
- Take kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper and sprinkle all over the dry bird.
- Place your bird into your preheated oven and roast for 45-50 minutes. Do not open the oven or baste the chicken while cooking — hands off!
- Remove it from the oven, take a handful of fresh thyme and place it into the pan with the drippings from the chicken. Whisk around and spoon on top of the bird.
- Let that chicken rest for 15 minutes to retain its juices!
- After 15 minutes, pull the leg away from the bird. Super moist and delicious inside, super crispy and flavorful skin outside!