Kebabs usually consist of a protein and a vegetable or two. But if you add some fruit to those proteins, you get a sweet and savory dinner.
Kebabs are one of those meals that are easy to prepare and can be made out of just about anything. You could do an appetizer of tortellini and shrimp, you could do fruit and cheese for a healthy dessert or you can combine meats with your favorite vegetable for a delicious dinner. But what if you turned your dessert kebab into a dinner kebab? What if you grilled your protein and your fruit and threaded them both onto skewers? You’d get a delightfully sweet dinner. So before the stone fruits disappear until next spring, grab a couple peaches, grill them up with some chicken and have yourself a wonderful dinner.
Grilled chicken and peach kebabs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 large peaches, sliced
- Whisk together the first six ingredients (through the salt and pepper) in a medium bowl. Place the chicken and a half cup of the marinade in a resealable bag and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- Assemble the kebabs by threading a peach wedge and a chicken chunk onto the skewer. Repeat two more times. Thread the remaining skewers the same way.
- Grill the kebabs, turning once, until browned and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with the remaining marinade.
More Tonight’s Dinner recipes >>
Other kebab recipes
Beef kebabs with roasted red pepper sauce
Lamb kebab marinade
Shish Taouk (chicken kebabs)
Leave a Comment