Looking for a fun new way to serve bacon and eggs? With these toast cups, you get all the breakfast standards in one adorable package!
We all love bacon and eggs, but the classic diner breakfast can get a little boring if you’re eating it the same way, morning after morning. Try adding a little pizzazz to the breakfast table with these individual toast cups. These fun bites would also make a perfect addition to your next Sunday brunch.
Bacon and egg toast cups recipe
- 6 strips bacon
- 6 slices bread
- 6 eggs (small or medium)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon in a pan until it is done, but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and roll out each slice thinly with a rolling pin.
- Brush the top of each slice of bread with melted butter. Prepare a muffin pan by brushing the inside of six muffin cups with melted butter. Carefully press each slice of bread into a muffin cup, butter side up, molded into the pan.
- Sprinkle about one tablespoon of grated cheese into each bread cup, then press a strip of bacon on top of the cheese, molding into the cup shape. (The ends of the bacon should extend out beyond the bread.) Crack an egg into each bread cup.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes, depending on the size of the egg and desired doneness.
- When done, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle each toast cup with salt, pepper and remaining cheese. Top with chopped green onions, if using.
Watch: How to poach an egg
Today on the Daily Dish, our host shows you how to poach an egg.