As one of the more mild-flavored fishes, salmon is a delicious, easy choice any night of the week. And since this Parmesan version only takes 20 minutes, it’s an ideal choice on a hectic weeknight.
When one thinks of preparing fish, baking, grilling or searing usually comes to mind. And seasoning is usually as simple as a little salt and pepper. One ingredient you rarely see used with fish is cheese, unless of course it’s smoked salmon because nothing goes better with smoked salmon than some nice whipped cream cheese. However it turns out that your salmon doesn’t need to be smoked to have cheese on it. Prevention magazine suggested melting Parmesan on top of a fillet, creating a dinner dish that wasn’t just delicious, it proved that cream cheese isn’t your only option when it comes to salmon.
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix the mayonnaise and half the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the kernels off both ears of corn. Spread on half a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets on the other side of the baking sheet. Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper. Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top of each fillet. Sprinkle the remaining the Parmesan over the fillets and roast until the topping is golden and the salmon is opaque, about eight minutes. Serve immediately with the corn.